Thursday, November 25, 2010

Welcome to the Black Friday BlogHop!

Welcome to craftypinknaynay.blogspot.com and the Black Friday Blog Hop! If you've come from visiting Erika's blog at http://cricutlove1.blogspot.com/, then you're in the right place!

If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our fun hop, you can go to www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com and start at the beginning. Each blog has created a project centered around the shopping or using the colors black and green. Be sure to visit each blog for inspiration and fun blog candy!




 

 









Directions for one gift card purse holder.

I used a Coluzzle Purse Pattern from Close to My Heart.  After I cut the purse (I used 1 pre-printed card on this particular purse, however, you may decorate the card whatever way you'd like to and then cut the purse out of the card), from the card; open and lying flat, decorated side up.  I then with the same card placed the coluzzle on the edge of the card and cut another handle.  Fold after you have placed the bottom edge of card directly under the flap.  As soon as you cut the coluzzle this will all be evident.  I then make a strip of the same card (see bottom pictures for inside of card) long enough to wrap both side to the back of the card and then use a paper adhesive to secure.  The utilizing the 2nd handle cut, use the same adhesive to attach to the handle part of the purse.  Brush all edges with coordinating ink or chalk ink to distress. 

Decorate the outside of your purse as you see fit.  I strung several tags onto a ribbon and tied it to the left side of the handle.  Then I ran a little gingerbread man and a star through the sticker maker and place on the right side of the handle.  I ran a Merry Christmas tag through the sticker maker and placed on the bottom outside of the purse.  Then I place the gift card or gift Visa into the holder (strip of paper that was folded around the card and then adhered to the inside) place the flap into the two cut strips on the front flap of the purse.  After that, I made a bow and tied it in the middle; attached two silk leaves (on one I put a die cut reindeer head and left the other without).  To top that off, after I attached the bow to the purse; I put wire wrapped with stars as an embellishment and then place it on my tree for Christmas.
To win a three pack of Sizzlets, please COMMENT and share with us what great crafting item you purchased for yourself while out shopping for everyone else!  I know some of you did, otherwise, where would we get such good deals on our crafting items.  That does include Home Shopping Network.  LOL. 
In addition, follow my blog and bring me 10 new followers along with leaving a comment giving thanks for 5 things in you are thankful for in your life.   Friday night I will draw a winner and will post it the same evening; don't forget to leave me your email address and the names of the people that you were able to get to sign up.

Inside of Purse




Thanks for joining our Black Friday Blog Hop.  Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.  I hope your New Year will give you every thing your heart desires.  God Bless.


  

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this hop
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns At yahoo DOT com
    I'm a follower come and visit me
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive made it to the last one in the HOP, what a great time I had and there are so many wonderfully talented ladies here, this was alot of fun and now im here and What a cute little purse. perfect for a gift card. Ill have to make some of these for the holiday gifts Im giving out this year, thanks for a great idea,

    Tonight after Thanksgiving dinner I went to Michaels Craft store and bought a few goodies for myself, I purchased stickles, embossing powder, paper pack, adhisive, some ribbon, christmas bulbs and the best deal was the On the Wall Organizer that has all the shelves on it and ribbon holder, its white, it was only 44.50 reg, 89.00 and I also purchased a new paper cutter :) I had a lot of fun there looking around. Ill have to go back tomorrow to grab some more goodies I think, more so for Christmas this time.
    5 things Im Grateful for:
    My family,my friends, Our health,For a wonderful man in my life that love me and excepts me just the way I am and for meeting such wonderful ppl here on blogger, they all have been so wonderful and Im looking forward to getting to know more of them this new year,

    Thanks for asking this question :)
    Gina
    raegina at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee, just became your follower and am part of this hop ~ come visit me at gabycreates.com
    Great project... If you visit my blog you will see that I love purses, bags and boxes!
    I will tell my friend about your blog and
    I got a Sizzix Pro for half price at Joann.com
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. great project.. im a new follower.. i didnt get any great deals on my crafting supplies..
    theresa
    juicycreations808@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here. I can't see your pictures really well. Anyhow, thanks for sharing and have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    Gina Lindsey
    agsainz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    scrapbooknut 67114 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got my Cricut Lite cartridge at Wal Mart today--not the one I really wanted, but, oh well.

    Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

    Trisha
    patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your project. I am a new follower of your blog.

    Marianne S.
    sthquilter at gmail dot com
    www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute project! My best BF find (for myself) is the new Cricut Lite Jolly Holidays cartridge. I don't feel too bad since I also waited in long lines outside to get the perfect gifts for my kids! I'm thankful for my 3 kids, my wonderful family, my friends, my bloggy friends, and my new job I just started last week(My company shut down and I was laid off in June). Thanks for sharing! Also, I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute project. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and what He did for me, my family and especially my hubby, my mother who's still alive and doing great, the great strides that I see my daughter who battles Autism make everyday, and for feeling so much better. I grabbed the teal Cricut.TFS!

    Christel
    Blog Hop Sista
    onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a happy new follower of your blog! I am going to try to get you some followers... I will send out some emails to some friends who might! Yes the pictures are a little blurry...but I get the idea... I love making little purses with "tags bags and more". You did a fabulous job... Yours are adorable!
    I am so thankful for som many things in my life... I am so blessed! i have a wonderful Savior who loves me unconditionally , I have a warm, caring, suportive husband who I adore, I have twin boys who are growing up to be gentlemen, I have a hobby in paper crafts that I love and I am so thankful to have a job and a warm home with great things to eat! (And I am thankful for my little dog Cuddle Buggy who follows me everywhere and loves me best!)
    My best purchase today... well... I went to Walmart at 2:30 this afternoon just to see if they had any lite cartridges left of the sale ones... they had all but playtime. I got 3!I did want playtime... but it was 2:30 in the afternoon! Cannot wait to see more from your fun blog! THank you for sharing! pjritsema at gmail dot com I did start my own blog...and I would love to post about it on mine... but have no idea how it really works... someday I am going to be able to work the thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think my best crafty purchase was winning the Gingerbread Cart on Ebay for $11.00 w/free shipping. I was on Ebay looking for something for my hubs for his firetruck that he's restoring and couldn't resist looking at craft stuff:)
    1-I'm thankful first and foremost for my family
    2-I'm thankful for my friends
    3-I'm thankful for our family's little pups..we have 3 chihuahua's and the love of my life (a yorkie), Shiloh
    4-I'm thankful for crafting and scrapping cause it keeps me sane
    5-I'm thankful for the community of bloggers who share their projects and ideas with me every day.
    As for the 10 followers..gee..I will post about your blog on my facebook..hope that works:)
    here's a link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/Teri787

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute gift holders. My nieces would love them.

    I just signed up to be a follower. Please visit me when you get a chance.I just posted about the goodies I bought while shopping today...ribbon, embossing folders, storage containers, cartrdiges, etc.

    Georgiana
    http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a new follower.
    5 things I am thankful for..
    of course my family
    my new craft room, thanks to hubby
    The privilege to cook thanksgiving dinner for a group of senior citizens whom otherwise would have had no dinner or company to enjoy it with.
    Thankful that I didn't have to go shopping today and lastly thankful that the snow I woke up to this morning melted..
    I will sent my cyber friends here to follow you..

    ~Valerie~
    mrsrankie@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute purse. I have to make me one too. Great way to give gift cards. I didn't go out today, don't like the crowds. 5 things I'm thankful for, 1. My family 2. My friends 3. My scrapbooking friends I have made over time 4. My craftroom 5. Being able to be a stay at home wife, son is grown and married.

    Patti
    bbitster@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! Good idea to a simple gift card! And I am a crafter so giving something simple, still has to have MY CREATIVE FLAIR to it!
    I am thankful for my family showing up on time to dinner this Thanksgiving, to my little granddaughter who thinks Maw Maw is the best, to work for giving me another Black Friday off, I am thankful I did not forget to shop online and snag my gypsy today and last but not least I am thankful to be able to play in my craft room all day today! Oh, the best deal I got, was not camping out for the gypsy, but ordering it online before it sold out...for the same price as those who had to wait it out.
    lisa
    lisa_williamson2004@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I became a follower! Great little purses. I did not shop today! Trying to behave ..it is so dull being me today but this bloghop has been great fun!! TFS!! Colleen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Canby, Oregon, United States
I really have a difficult time saying who I am, so this is from a good friend: I am a 54 year old mother or two, grandmother of three and an artist. I've been iduldging in my art for over 30 years now. Painting is my first love, but really gave me the background to understand the theory behind other art forms. I mainly concentrate on making cards and scrapbooking and donate a lot of cards to various community agencies to assist them on providing the appropriate thank you needed to keep their volunteer program intact. I've learned a lot in these years and would just love to help you find answers you may need. I tend to love research too. Which is how I put the two loves together.

Links