Thursday, December 2, 2010

Finding a project to finish.

I realize that a lot of us are busseling to get our Christmas projects completed.  I myself am donating some cards to Chris Wootens Charity http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com/.  That is to make all types of cards (birthday, thank you, etc.) and send to the address she notes on her blog.  After that, I have a charity project also, the only difference is I have been supplying cards alone till now.  And God Bless Chris for posting her challenge as I was feeling the pressure getting all of mine done and giving shouldn't be stressful.  Please look for that challenge in January, 2011!

Here's a great project to accomplish.  Between now and the Fifth (5) of December, 2010, find one project that you have set aside {you know, so you can do it later and make it better}.  Below I will break it down step by step.  Please, please participate as I will be drawing a name from those that comment and enter daily and that crafter will earn a fabulous prize on December 6th.   I will upload a picture of my project in an amendment made later tomarrow; but for yours; if you can please do the following:

1.  Upload a .jpg file of your unfinished file and load it into your comment. 
2.  Comment daily as to what your plan is to finish and what you've done.
3.  When finished (if you can't post the file into your comment let me know in the comment and I will contact you with my email and have you send the .jpg to me and I will post your picture and post anything you'd like to say about your completed project. 

I love this idea!   I have actually done this in a class I taught a few years back and everyone loved it.

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialCricut?v=wall - 141k

The Cricut Page posted a picture and question on my FB page so I thought I would answer it there.  I've been making beads using the Cricut cart George.  That cart has all the shapes you would ever want.  I have so many items.  Like my favorite (which my bff made for me a couple of years ago).  They were leaves, iridescent painted and hung on a jump ring and attached to an earring wire.

Anyway, here is what I do when I make necklaces like you show in your picture.  I cut out a moon that is the same size of what I need then paint a coat of Jesso over the top.  On the back I cut the same size moon shape to place on the back of the "bib" so not to scratch any ones breast bone.  Then I cut several long shapes and layout on a table, glue a small amoun) of glue (glue Crafter's Pick, the Ultimate--this glue will glue metals, plastics, glass & more).

This glue is awaesome because when it dries its moveable.  Meaning the flowers can be crushed and they'll bounce back without getting crushed. 

 rolling with someone else is easier.  Then I distress the tops of the flowers where I may see one or two place which need a little somthing extra.  I will start embossing using Yvonne Albritton Extra .  This has to stay wet while building up your design.  At this point I add charms and whatnot.  Also, if you don't want that look; another great look is Heritage Handcrafts Dimensonional Paint.   http://www.heritagehandcrafts.com/ ;  
This paint does a lot of cool and different looks after "setting up".  If you're not sure, use a small stencil of a pattern you like out of the clear acetate that came on top of our Cricut Expression cutting pad. (Don't waste anything!). 

Then I use JudiKins Glass Beads using the same glue).  They come in many different colors so get them all, you will use them quickly!  I'll make another necklace as soon as I can.  If you complete your project first,  I will post on my blog and praise you highly!  That was a great question!

Now I'll have to get one more problem; to start another piece of jewelry from out Cricut Cartridges.  Hope to hear from you soon.
                                                                          Keep Crafting      NayNay

Tip for the day:  I just learned that we can use a ball point glitter pen in our cricut expression.  My pen for too thin so I put on a rubber finder.  It opens up a who new world of creativity on our parts.

I was so antsy because alll I wanted was to bring to DVR into my room and sit up in bed; but he said NO and it was infatic, so I want to get into my stud

1 comment:

  1. Renee I wanted to stop over will quick and tell you thank you for your help in the card donation for the hospital.

    I also wanted to tell you that I have a post up on my blog. I think it is the second one down. You will have a chance at winning a Yudu, Expression or choice of a Gypsy. Just follow the details.

    You are so sweet. Be sure you post a comment and leave your email too. I will do a random winners on December 15th prizes on my blog. Hugs and have a great weekend. I am kinda under the weather and have not posted any of my cards today. I have been working on trying to find more help in making the cards. I do appreciate you telling everyone about this. Thanks so much. God Bless
    Chris
    http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Canby, Oregon, United States
I really have a difficult time saying who I am, so this is from a good friend: I am a 54 year old mother or two, grandmother of three and an artist. I've been iduldging in my art for over 30 years now. Painting is my first love, but really gave me the background to understand the theory behind other art forms. I mainly concentrate on making cards and scrapbooking and donate a lot of cards to various community agencies to assist them on providing the appropriate thank you needed to keep their volunteer program intact. I've learned a lot in these years and would just love to help you find answers you may need. I tend to love research too. Which is how I put the two loves together.

Links