Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday night, Cards almost done.

I am so proud of myself, I must say.  I sat down at 1 p.m. today and completely prepped 60 Christmas Cards within three hours.  Tomorrow morning early, I will have them completely together and packed to be mailed to North Carolina.  I have such a wonderful friend there.  We used to be part of a group called the Goddess Girls and I was the middle Goddess; just because of time and life circumstances we are now all living in different areas.  So from Vancouver, Washington only one is there now; I live in Canby, Oregon and Janice (affectionately called Janie Bear by me) lives in North Carolina.  Anyway, as you've no doubt noticed, I tend to get off the subject a tad; we decided to do a craft trade.  I've been seeing these adorable crocheted poodles and she needed Christmas Cards.  So I believe that she made me a pink girlie poodle, a blue boy poodle and a baby poodle in exchange for 60 Christmas Cards.  I love the barter system.  What a great way to pick up items that you want! 

Little story behind why I wanted them.  I have four teacup poodles.  My oldest is a grey female, 10 pounds and 10 years old; her name is FiFi.  My next to the oldest is Tobi, he's dark grey, male, 6 pounds and 7 years old.  Then comes Mequia, she is silver, female 4 years old and between 3 and 4 pounds.  Last but not least my youngest male is 3 years old, he is 2 to 3 pounds and what is called a party mix color.  Just a little pet talk. 

I'm going to try to participate in the Black Friday Blog Hop, so please joint us.  It will be my first.  I decided there was no why I was going shopping, so next best thing.  Crafting and blogging!

For the rest of the evening I am going to try to complete the design on my blog.  I apologize that it changes a little every time you come online, but I am trying to get it perfect and there are still several items that I need to have posted so that you are able to view cards and other projects myself and others have created.  Thanks for your patience!  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Canby, Oregon, United States
I really have a difficult time saying who I am, so this is from a good friend: I am a 54 year old mother or two, grandmother of three and an artist. I've been iduldging in my art for over 30 years now. Painting is my first love, but really gave me the background to understand the theory behind other art forms. I mainly concentrate on making cards and scrapbooking and donate a lot of cards to various community agencies to assist them on providing the appropriate thank you needed to keep their volunteer program intact. I've learned a lot in these years and would just love to help you find answers you may need. I tend to love research too. Which is how I put the two loves together.

Links